Girls on the Run Marketing and Media Intern
This is an unpaid internship for Winter/Spring 2023 with the option to extend during Summer 2023. This position reports to the Executive Director.
What is Girls on the Run Memphis?
Girls on the Run is a transformational learning program for 8 to 13 year-old girls. Through 10 weeks of dynamic lessons, we help girls develop the physical and social-emotional skills to navigate adolescence and reach their limitless potential. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment, while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
The Marketing and Media Intern with the Girls on the Run Memphis staff and volunteers to support the Girls on the Run marketing and communications strategies and outreach efforts. This role is managed by the Executive Director.
Start Date: January 10th- May 26th (option to renew for Summer)
Following are some tasks for which the intern will be responsible:
- Assist staff in maintaining a seasonal social media plan and marketing calendar
- Create compelling content each week to be shared on media accounts and website
- Write press releases for major events throughout the season (3)
- Review GOTR Memphis website for updated content, clarity, and consistency
Qualities and skills the intern must possess include:
- Experienced in Canva design platform
- Familiarity with Hootsuite or Facebook Business Scheduling tool
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Openness to learn and apply new skills
GOTR Memphis agrees to provide documentation of work hours, responsibilities, and executed content to school administration as required for course credit, service hours, or semester project work.
Job Hours: approximately 5-10 hours per week, special event dependent.
Job Location: at home, with weekly Zoom meetings and monthly in-person meetings if residing in Memphis
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.